Safe, fresh and convenient – flexible packaging to suit any frozen food application
Benefits of flexible film packaging for frozen food applications:
- Excellent print quality – brand owners and retailers want to stop consumers in their tracks with high quality, vibrant print that dominates the freezer aisle and gives consumers a true indication of the quality and freshness of the packaged product. High quality flexographic printing of films and laminates using metallisation to develop the perfect packaging will make your brand stand out from the competition.
- Optimising freezer space – packaging films are light and flexible with a higher product to pack ratio which takes up less freezer space for retailers and consumers than other types of packaging.
- Consumer convenience – there are ovenable, microwaveable, resealable, easy opening and recyclable flexible packaging options for frozen food that offer convenience to consumers throughout food storage and preparation as well as when disposing of the packaging.
- Versatility for brand owners – flexible films with different properties can be used to protect and keep many different types of frozen food in a perfect condition including meat, fish, ready meals, baked goods and vegetables.
- Multipurpose for packaging designers and manufacturers – PET and PE based flexible films can be used to make many different types of packaging for frozen food including VFFS and HFFS flow wrap, lidding applications and bags and pouches. In addition, manufacturers can package food at different temperatures – ambient, cold or frozen.
- Food quality – flexible films have particular properties for preserving and keeping food fresh. These barrier properties prevent cross contamination, dehydration or oxidisation that can cause freezer burn as well as affect the flavour, texture and nutritional value of the product. In addition, durable materials with particular mechanical properties such as impact, puncture and temperature resistant films will protect frozen food during transportation and storage throughout the entire cold chain distribution process.
- Sustainable options – films made from post consumer recycled (PCR) PET are a good option for frozen food packaging as are OPRL recyclable PE films and laminates such as MDOPE.
Types of film for frozen food applications
There are many different types of flexible film that are suitable for packaging frozen foods. It is always best to talk to an expert about the type of application and style of packaging you are looking for. Packaging is critical to the success of your brand so it is important to find a solution that’s perfect for you.
Contact one of our team today